Xiaomi pocophone F1 price release date launch date
The first flagship smartphone from Xiaomi’s new sub-brand xiaomi pocophone f1 will be introduced on August 22, but reports and leaked footage have already revealed almost all there is to know about the xiaomi Pocophone F1. Xiaomi, one of the original ‘affordable’ smartphone pioneers, will follow in the footsteps of Huawei and BBK by introducing a sub-brand for an even more budget-friendly range, to compete with the likes of Honor and OnePlus.
‘Pocophone by Xiaomi’ is its global name, although in India it will be referred to as ‘Poco by Xiaomi’. The first phone, xiaomi Pocophone F1, which the brand is dubbing a ‘Master of Speed’, is set to launch on August 22, according to a tweet and official countdown website. The xiaomi Pocophone f1 has barely been on tech radars for a week, but details have already leaked in full. Between Android Authority getting their hands on the device and a leaked video of it being unboxed, there’s not much left to discover. To know more click here
Xiaomi pocophone specs
|Dimensions||156 x 75.5 x 9 mm (6.14 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)|
|Weight||186.5 g (6.56 oz)|
|Build||Front glass, plastic body|
|SIM||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||5.99 inches, 90.4 cm2 (~76.7% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2248 pixels (~416 ppi density)|
|Protection||To be confirmed|
|– MIUI 9.0|
|OS||Android 8.1 (Oreo)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Internal storage||64 GB, 6 GB RAM|
|Dual||12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF|
5 MP, depth sensor
|Features||Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Single||20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm|
|Alert types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|USB||Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE|
|2G bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA|
|3G bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps|
|Sensors||Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM|
|– Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4.0+)|
– MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document viewer
Battery and misc
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery|
|Price||About 400 EUR|
- A classic Xiaomi approach, the Pocophone most resembles a device in the xiaomi redmi note line. Renders of the device leaked ahead of time thanks to Romanian site PC Garage, but unboxing videos have also surfaced. Here are some renders pulled from PC Garage.
- The body appears to be made of a hard plastic, so no glass backs here. Very few of Xiaomi’s devices support wireless charging (only the xiaomi mi mix 2s, in fact). Other than that, we’ve got well-rounded sides and corners with a dual camera setup and a fingerprint sensor below that. An LED flash sits right beside the two camera sensors as well.
- The 5.99-inch display itself features a large iPhone X-style display notch with a rather large chin on the bottom. Personally, I feel that shifting the display down a bit and removing the notch entirely would make the most sense, but it’s possible the company has a reason for that design decision. The screen features rounded corners like many other flagship devices released in 2018. The device’s design has all the classic 2018 flagship hallmarks coupled with Xiaomi’s style as well. This is the first Poco-branded phone to be released, so it’s possible (if this particular phone is successful) that future Poco smartphones will follow a similar design language.
- Xiaomi has been placing a lot of emphasis on their cameras as of late, and a great camera goes a long way in breaking into the mainstream. The camera hardware from leaked specifications doesn’t suggest anything special on this device, however. It appears to be comprised of a 12MP (f/1.75) shooter and a 5MP shooter, and it advertises a dual pixel autofocus mode as well. The front facing camera also seems to be a 20MP (f/2.0) sensor and can support an infrared face unlock, similar to the iphone x and xiaomi mi 8. The box also mentions an “AI dual camera” setup. What AI means in this context is hard to say, but given the industry trends, it’s likely some form of scene recognition. While the camera hardware looksgood, we’ll have to wait for some sample images to show up before making a judgment.
Xiaomi pocophone f1 launch, price and availability
- Roland Quandt from WinFuture tweeted pricing for the Xiaomi Pocophone F1. Spoiler alert: this device is one of the cheapest Snapdragon 845 devices to date. According to him, the price could range from 420 Euros for the 6GB RAM/64GB storage model to 460 Euros for the 6GB RAM/128GB storage model. Converting those prices gives us $478 or Rs 33,500 and $523 or Rs 36,700. It could even be cheaper, as Roland Quandt states that he saw a price less than 390 Euros. Obviously, those prices aren’t confirmed, but they likely aren’t too far off from what it will actually cost. That puts it below the pricing of the OnePlus 6, which the Pocophone F1 will be competing with.
- But where will the Pocophone F1 be sold? It’s pretty clear it will be sold in India given recent announcements regarding the poco brand, but we’ll likely be seeing it sold throughout Europe as well given how many European journalists and bloggers have been able to get their hands on one. Which European countries will be getting the device is yet to be confirmed, however. We could see it in all the countries that Xiaomi has partnered with Three in, and that may have been what the partnership centered around. While Xiaomi hasn’t managed to keep the Pocophone F1 a secret, its worldwide availability has been kept largely under wraps.
- And when will the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 be launched? We’ll see it announced on the 22nd of August, as the company has scheduled an event for that day. Couple that with the huge amount of information being leaked and it only makes sense that we’ll be seeing it sooner than later. We’ll be keeping an eye out for any last-minute surprises, but it seems that pretty much everything is out in the open by now.
- Dual Rear Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Fast Charging
- 6GB RAM
Let us know your opinions about xiaomi pocophone f1 in the comment section below.
Do subscribe my blog for latest updates…